Wednesday, January 28, 2009
This is a researcher's life
This post is an interesting mail sent to me by one of my research friend...just check it out its really true and this happens to all scholars who starts a all new RESEARCH LIFE!!
*Before joining PhD:*
- I want to win the Nobel Prize.
- I want to win the Turing Award.
*First year of PhD:*
- I want to finish PhD in two years.
- I want to publish papers only in top tier conferences.
- I want to make ground-breaking research.
- I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.
*Second year of PhD:*
- I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
- I want a problem.
- Shall I change my advisor?
*Third year of PhD:*
- I want a paper; I don't care which conference.
- Shall I change my topic?
- I want to be known as Dr bhOndOO.
*Fourth year of PhD:*
- I want to finish PhD!
- My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?
*Fifth year of PhD:*
- Why did I come here?
- Why did I choose this advisor?
- Why did I choose this topic?
*Sixth year of PhD:*
- Someone give me a degree!
- I want to leave this place — for ever.
- Let me leave.
*Seventh year of PhD:*
- People call me uncle.
- She waited and finally married someone else.
- I don't want any degree. I just want to live peacefully.
wat say? isn't funny......yeah but its true......